Friday, October 1, 2010

What is this all about?

I am so glad to be in the position to create this blog. I think that there are so many of us that need to get up off the couch. I am not a doctor or a fitness guru, I am just an ordinary woman who has battled with weight issues her entire life.  I am currently on a journey  to live an active lifestyle. 
For me this is a difficult journey because I grew up in a home with sedentary parents.    I never played sports or participated in activities that required  physical activity.  I can never remember walking or running with my parents. We spend a majority of our family time in front of the television or at the kitchen table.
So you can imagine how difficult it is to get out of a routine that you have been a part of your entire life. I started this journey 10 years ago when I was in college. I was tired of being the fat girl and really wanted to look and feel better.  So I started walking and eventually started running and eating better. I have had many major setbacks and I have gained and lost weight  more times than I can count.
So I am tired of dieting and now I am focusing on living well instead of dieting for the moment.  Nine weeks ago I gave birth to  my second beautiful  baby boy. So this journey  has taken on a new level of importance.  I don’t want to be a sick parent who needs medications to survive.  I have been lucky until  this point and have not had any weight related health problems that require medication.  I don’t want my luck to run out so I am working to change my life.

No comments: