Friday, October 1, 2010

Wake Up Call


Recently we took our family  to the grand opening  of a famous chicken restaurant. It  was part of our family outing and I was  considering that a cheat day. We ate in  and I had two chicken thighs , a cup of red beans and rice, one biscuit with strawberry jam  and a cup of sweet tea. For desert I had one of their mini  apple pies.  Keep in mind that I had a sensible breakfast and was unable to eat anything for the rest of the day.  Mainly because I was full all day after that meal. Considering we ate at 2pm , the caloric intake of that meal must have been atrocious.  
I did not think about it until 11pm that night when I sat down to track my food for the day. I was flabbergasted to find out that not only did I use my daily points but I had consumed almost all of my weekly points. I began to think about all the times that I had gone to fast food restaurants 2 or 3 times a week. Thinking that I was eating sensibly because I knew my portion sizes.  When in fact I was overeating and consuming an entire days calories in one meal.
This really puts into perspective how you become overweight and what roadblocks you can personally put up  that hold you back.

No comments: