Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Truth of it All - Original post date(12/14/13)


So I can say out loud I am just tired of working out and eating right. I mean really tired of thinking about it all the time. I just want to sit down and eat a large burger, shake and fries without worrying about it going to my thighs.  Let's be real for a moment, I know many of you are thinking the same thing.  If you could get away with it, you would be sitting in a booth at Steak and Shake right now. Shoot I know I would, I guess I am tired of the idea that we can not admit we want to eat crap sometimes.  I don't know anyone who walks around eating healthy all the time but it seems like that is the expectation.

I am flawed person and honestly enjoy a nice burger once in a while.  My only issue is that now I know how many calories that exist in that one meal. Which means that I am consuming  a days worth of calories  in one meal.
It sucks to know that, I miss the ignorance of not knowing and enjoying it. So now instead of enjoying a a burger in a fast food restaurant, I enjoy one at home. I skip the fries and opt for a salad and use a light bun.  I mean I still have the burger but the experience is different now.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that I am no longer ignorant to calories or how I should eat.  I am much healthier than I was and can walk up 5 flights of stairs carrying  my bags, with no problem. I can run 6 miles, squat 180 pounds, do 30 push ups in a minute and I look good in shorts.  I said all  of this just to say, yeah I miss eating a burger, fries and a shake at times. However, I do prefer my new life to the old one.( Trying to convince myself maybe, LOL.)

Blessings K

No comments: