Saturday, January 7, 2012

Clean Eating

There are 14 principles to Clean Eating, so I will break this down in a few different blog posts.

Eat 6 mini meals spread out throughout the day. - Eating 6 small meals a day will keep you from getting hungry.  These meals should be composed of only clean food and make sure you eat portion sizes. clean basically means that foods are selected from those in their natural state; unprocessed and whole. So no boxed macaroni and cheese. If you look on the back of the box and you don't know what the ingredients are, it s processed and unclean.

 Eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.- Make sure that you space your meals  from 2 1/2 to 3 hours apart. Basically depending on how soon you feel hungry. I am up early so I am 6/9/12/3/6/9, I will sometime skip 9 if I am not hungry. But I work out from 5-7 so I usually am.


Eat  lean protein and  complex carbohydrates at every meal . - I am sure you are like what is that.  Shoot so was I, so I created a list of the things I eat that are in those categories

Lean Protein:
Beans
Beef Tenderloin
Chicken Breasts
Eggs (Egg Whites)
Fat free plain yogurt ( can be strained and turned into cheese)
Fresh fish
Lean Ground turkey ( ground turkey breast, no the ground yucky stuff)
Natural nut butters (almonds, cashew, peanut)
Pork Tenderloin


Examples of Complex Carbohydrates:
Brown Rice
Oatmeal  (can be ground and used as flour)
Quinoa **
Whole-Grain Pasta
Bananas
Carrots
Chickpeas **
Beans **
Sweet Potatoes
Yams

** these can be used as a protein source

Carbohydrates from fruits and vegetables
Asparagus
Broccoli
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Celery
Cucumbers
Kale
Lettuce
Onions
Spinach
Tomatoes
Turnip Greens


Fruits:
Apples
Berries
Oranges
dried fruits 
grapefruit
grapes
kiwi
mango
melons
papaya
passion fruit
pears
plums

Healthy fats
Almonds
Avocado
Cold-water fish
Flax seed
Nut butters (natural organic, read the label it should only be the nut ground up in the jar)
Olive Oil
Pecans
Walnuts

 If you can start with theses three steps, you will be making a major change in how you eat. If you are o Weight Watchers I am sure you can see how this attributes to the simply filling plan.  I recently cleaned out my cupboards and  made my entire house clean, my family is better for it.

No comments: