Friday, April 5, 2013

Up and Downs


So I have been a horrible blogger lately and I really don't have an excuse. Life just seemed to get in the way of me taking the time to write down my thoughts.

So I have committed myself to blogging more consistently again and you can look forward to Friday posts.

As far as weight loss is concerned I an up 3lbs from my goal, I spent the past week in my hometown planning my fathers funeral. Food just was not interesting and I did not eat enough or well. I started back today working out and getting back on track with my food. I am sure I will be back at goal in 2 weeks or so.

I have been working more consistently on creating more time for myself to workout. Right now I get up at 5:30 am to workout before the kids get up. It seems like that is the only time that I can carve out for myself. Hopefully when I am off for the summer I will be able to enjoy a afternoon run again. I have found that exercise helps me to decrease the stress in my life and it is easier to deal with everyday problems.

I have found that as parents sometimes we put our selves last, not intentionally. We do it because we love our children. I have come to the conclusion that I needed to put myself first 2 hours out of the day. Considering the fact that we have 24 hours in a day , that is not a lot. So I will no longer feel bad about!! I know it sounds like a confession, well it is ! I am guilty for feeling bad for taking time for myself, like I am sure many of you are. In order for me to be a better mom, wife, professor, friend, daughter and colleague. I have to find time to build a better me 1 hour of exercise and 1 hour of self reflection , writing or shopping. Shoot shopping can have it's healing qualities.
LOL!!

What ever you do today make sure you take some time out for YOU!!!!!
Regardless of how I spend my second hour I think it will make me be a better me.

No comments: