Friday, April 12, 2013

The good, the bad and the ugly

The Good:

It has been over two years since I started this journey and I have successfully maintained my weight loss. I have to admit I am a different person and I have made some significant changes in my life. I feel stronger both mentally and physically. I can see a change in my husband and children. It is wonderful to see them make good choice without thinking about it. It feels good modeling the right behavior for my children. My toddler has no idea what our old lifestyle was like so to him our active lifestyle is normal. My seven year old embraces it most of the time but he has his moments like every child where he wants junk food and fast food. I give into him once in a blue moon but for the most part he has adjusted.

The Bad:

Motivation is still a daily battle, it is funny though. I wake up every morning before my alarm clock goes off and talk my self into my workout. Some mornings it is a thirty second pep talk and others it is a ten minute scolding. I know the title of this portion is the bad but I don't think it is a bad thing. Motivation is renewable as far as I am concerned and I feel like as long as I am conscious about my need to move forward. Then I will remain steadfast on the journey to health and fitness.

The Ugly:

Losing weight does not solve all your body image problems. There will always be something to work on or ridicule. For me having lost 110 pounds and carrying most of my weight in my legs. I am dealing with firming up my legs and it has been a uphill battle. Most of my skin bounced back and firmed every where else but there are parts of my thighs that have some loose skin and it is frustrating. The good news is, the more I weight train the better it looks. This however is not a overnight process and consistency is the key. So I keep going and I know perfection does not exist. I will just keep working hard to be the best me I can be!

No comments: