Sunday, March 13, 2011

A plateau, naw just a change!!!

A few weeks ago my weight loss start to slow down.  Considering the fact that I have been faithful to my diet and exercise routine I know that I should be seeing more progress. Instead of getting discouraged I decided to do a bit of research and realized that I was going through a PLATEAU.

A plateau occurs because your metabolism slows down as you lose lean tissue . When you lose weight, you lose both fat and lean tissue.  Losing weight can slow your metabolism after time . So  in order to lose those additional pounds you  will have to rev up your  activity or decrease your caloric intake . So I figured I needed to change up a few things to stay on track. I realized that my menu , workout routine and schedule was predictable.

I knew that I could not reduce my caloric intake.  When I looked my menu I did notice I could change how I received my my calories. So instead of eating five  meals a day I switched to six smaller meals. I switched from chicken to turkey and  from beef to fish.  I  increased the amount vegetables I was consuming and started to weigh and measure every thing.

Now my workout routine is completely of my own creation. I run  five days a week and weight train two days a week.  Considering that I am running almost four  miles a day I know that my activity level is high but I decided to switch my routine completely.  I purchased P90X for my husband in October and I decided I would try it out. So now I am running 3 days a week a doing P90X 6 days a week.

The results was a six pound weight loss!!!!!!!   Plateau Busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: