Monday, October 3, 2016

Where Do I Stand?????




        I had an interesting conversation with a young woman last week. She asked me where should she stand in the fight for injustice. Find myself fielding questions like this all the time, young people just want to know what is  the right thing to do.  Some of them have no clue what they should or should not do.  As mentors, educators and leaders we may think we know what they should do.

       The reality is and what I told her was,  that I can't tell you where to stand. I can provide you with  knowledge and lead you to sources that can educate you, but I can't tell you what to do. You have to sit and think, look inside your self and find your direction.  What is right for me, may not be what is right for you.

      Before you decide to tell someone how to join this battle remember  we are not all the same  and what might wok for you, wont work for someone else. Our goal above all it to make sure our children learn how to think critically. The key word is THINK!!!!

 

No comments: