Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Changes, Beautiful Changes

I have been natural for about ten years. For the most part I have worn braids, weaves, afros, wigs,twists and occasionally I have rocked a press and curl. With a consistent work out schedule the one thing I have noticed is that my hairstyles don't last long. My braids are lasting about six weeks and then they need to be redone. So that is a pretty expensive  thing to deal with at $120 to $200  every six weeks.

The other issue I have is that my hair tends to loc when I am wearing braids and taking them out has become a process. I am tired of afros and I don't think I could stand another weave. So for about two years I have been considering locing my hair. I went back and forth because I feel like it is a permanent decision and I wanted to be confidant in my decision.  I took the plunge last week and got some coils put in my hair to start the locing process.  I excited to see what they will become.


I am also on the hunt for a gym with a bit more to it than Planet Fitness. I have to say I am horribly bored with that place. They lack  variety in their equipment is driving me insane.  Now for 20$ a month they are a steal. If you are just starting out then I would recommend a gym with a minimal investment. Now that I am ten pounds away from my goal, I see that my work out routine is a bit more extensive than it used to be. I spend about two hours in the gym five days a week. 45 minutes on cardio, 45 minutes on weights, then thirty minutes on my warm up and cool down. I  find my self bored with P90X and Insanity and I don't want to reach a road block .

So I decided to tour the gyms in my area and  have taken advantage of the weekly free passes. I am currently visiting Golds and I love it.  I think I  am sold they have something for my entire family. Now the issue is that Golds is expensive  for a family membership it is 109.00 a month. That is a large chunk of change. It does include a kids club and free child care for two hours while you workout. The kids gym is awesome and shoot, I want to play in there. I love the fact that my husband and I will be able to work out together again with out the children. I also will be able to work out when he is working.  I guess I am kind of talking my self into it right now. So I am on the fence and I am trying to see how that will fit into my budget.

No comments: